Updated February 9, 2022
As per the Government of Alberta announcement, starting February 9 patrons will no longer need to show proof of vaccination or negative PCR test to access the Flames Community Arenas facility. Please continue to exercise caution and stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive.
Face coverings are still required at all times in the FCA facility when not engaging in on-ice activities.
Both main entrances (Red and Blue/Gold) are now open during regular FCA business hours.
These guidelines have been prepared by the Fames Community Arenas (FCA) facility staff and the CCA Figure Skating Club (CCA FSC) board of directors in accordance with the current policies directed by the Government of Alberta and the City of Calgary. Current public health restriction information can be found here.
To ensure we can return to the ice in a safe and healthy way, please abide by the guidelines detailed below. Questions and concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT COME TO SKATING IF YOU ARE SICK
CCA Figure Skating Club coaches, skaters, and families must not enter the FCA facility if they are sick, have been travelling, or if they have been in contact with someone who is sick or has been exposed to the virus. Symptoms to look for include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, chills, muscle aches/pain, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, and a general feeling of being unwell.
Families are encouraged to use the Alberta Health Services self-screening tool before each visit to FCA. https://myhealth.alberta.ca/journey/covid-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx.
Per the City of Calgary Face Coverings Bylaw, face masks will be required for all persons entering the FCA facility, except children under the age of 2. Skaters will not be required to wear a mask while on the ice, but must remember to wear a mask if they leave the ice surface for any reason.
Change room facilities will be available for use, but due to physical distancing requirements, arena foyers will also be used. Skaters are strongly encouraged to arrive at the arena dressed and “rink ready” as they may be required to change in a common area. Dressing room washrooms will be available for use. Please take note of the posted schedule upon arrival to see which changing areas we have been allotted.
Skaters and families are asked to respect physical distancing in all on-ice and off-ice spaces and to wait until hallways are cleared before entering.
As per the FCA facility, in addition to the above, the following other measures have been put in place:
- The lost and found program will be suspended. Any found valuables will be held at the office for pickup.
- The Oilympics restaurant and lounge are open and opetating under the same restrictions listed above.
- Vending machines, ATMs, and water fountains are available for use, but should be used with caution at your discretion.
- Public washrooms are open and available for use. Toilets located in the change rooms are open and should be used at your discretion.
Please ensure your contact information is up to date in our website so that we are able to contact you in the event of an emergency.
Once a COVID-19 illness has been identified within the CCA FSC programs or the FCA facility, the CCA FSC and the FCA will effect:
- Immediate isolation of the participant from others, including arrangement for safe travel home (e.g., no public transit).
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all equipment and surfaces that may have come into contact with the symptomatic participant.
- Performance of hand hygiene by remaining participants.
- Notification to Alberta Health Services of the incident.
- General Announcement of the incident to CCA FSC and FCA patrons through CCA FSC website, FCA website, social media platforms, and internal signage.