Junior Coaching Program
What they do...
Junior Coaches are responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of our Learn to Skate and Intro to Figure Skating programs.
The role of a Junior Coach may include:
- Assist or lead warm-ups, group activities, or cool-downs
- Assist with setup of circuits and stations
- Lead circuits and rotations
- Demonstrate proper execution of skating skills
- Provide general assistance to the coaches
- Aid skaters who may have additional needs
- Take attendance or track skill completion
- Provide encouragement and feedback to skaters
Junior coaches are fundamental to the delivery of our programs and we couldn't do it without a dedicated, passionate team!
Who they are...
Look for our Junior Coaches in their bright blue jackets! These skaters excel at leading and encouraging skaters and keeping everyone moving and having fun!
Junior Coaches are:
- Role models
- Game leaders
- Skill demonstrators
- Awesome humans!
Some skills needed to be a Junior Coach include:
- Good communicators
- Team players
- Prepared and Organized
How to join...
To be eligible for this program, skaters must:
- Be registered in our Figure Skating program
- Have achieved at least a Level 7 badge
- Be at least 12 years old or turning 12 during the current skating year
- Attend a Junior Coach training session annually
Junior Coach recruitment is done annually in September.
If you or your child is interested in learning more about this program, send us an email or let your coach know!